Thursday, March 27, 2014

I'm Addicted... To Chalkboard Paint.

Who created chalkboard paint? I looked it up, couldn't find anybody to praise! Anywho, I'm addicted. I love the stuff! I have seriously painted WAY too many things with chalkboard paint. 

Seriously, too many things....


In the kitchen, This was the first and what started my addiction! This wall separating the living room and the kitchen. Doesn't it look like it just calling for a chalkboard to make grocery lists?!

Ta-Da!



We made a chalkboard for the backyard. Reeves loves it! We made right before his 2nd birthday and he uses it every time we go outside. It's a lot of fun!

                            


Reeves kept drawing on the side of the cabinet, beside his chalkboard. I decided to paint it too... Chad wasn't 100% on board (this is a reoccurring thing in our house). He was worried about permanently painting the side of our cabinet. I figured if we ever sold the house, that it was for the next owners to worry about!  I got all set up and painted it. The paint dried perfectly.
 I cleaned up and let Reeves go at it. This is what happened....
It all peeled off. Annoying. I didn't sand it. So I started over, this time lightly sanding it before I painted it again. Now its perfect! Reeves LOVES it! Its the perfect height for him... its like his own little board. I also use it to write birthday messages on for family!
Worked like a charm.  Oh, and when I said its perfect for birthday messages, I didn't mean Reeves' liked it! I've sent tried to send every family member a birthday picture this year and Reeves has looked MISERABLE in every picture! Whatevs.


I painted one wall in our master bathroom. The wall right in front of the toilet. Chad and I can write sweet nothings to each other. Which we do! I stay up much later than he does and he wakes up much earlier than I do, so we use this to write each other little notes! I also painted that little room a bright blue! 
(Words to a song) 



See what I mean? Chalkboard paint addict right here. The first step is admitting it, right?






















1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! And kudos to you for being so sweet and taking all that time to write that song down! *high five sister*

    ReplyDelete