Monday, March 17, 2014

Hello Yellow Bathroom

One day while trolling the Lowes oops paint, I found a gallon of sunshine yellow kitchen & bathroom paint. I knew I had to have it! It was only $5! I quickly decided it should go in Reeves' upstairs bathroom. 

I didn't want to make it too "boyish" just in case Reeves had a little sister one day, plus our overnight guests use that bathroom. I wanted it to be fun and cheerful!

(Before)
It was totally boring!


I ran into a couple problems.....
1. While painting around the mirror, it fell off the wall. Luckily I have cat-like reflexes and I caught it! So I painted our names on the wall before glueing it back. The half bath's mirror also fell on me while I was cleaning it the other day! I'm just hoping the master bath's doesn't fall while I'm home alone!!!
2. It took forever to figure out how to paint behind the toilet, without getting paint everywhere! My solution....
Pretty crafty, I know.


(During)

(I bought THIS shelf from Amazon to hang towels on)

(This is the painting I painted to go in the bathroom)

I needed some art above the toilet so i asked my cousin, who is a amazing graphic designer, to create a cute piece of art. This is what she came up with! I love it! 


Finished product. I wish you could get better angles in the bathroom! Sorry for the not so good pictures!!


Bath time is defiantly Reeves's favorite time of the day! I bet its the yellow!




No comments:

Post a Comment