Friday, March 21, 2014

Blue Vanity

As you know, I painted Reeves' bathroom sunshine yellow! I loved the color and brightness! There are no windows in there so no natural light (bummer!). A bathroom that small needs to be bright!

The vanity stuck out like a sore thumb! It was brown and I hated it!

Lets not forget to mention the missing knob and broken toilet paper holder! 

The stupid toilet paper holder was the worst part of the whole project! The screws were 2 miles long and were put in crooked! 

The next step was to pick a color.

The first one (left) is Valspar Hang Ten.
The middle one is an oops paint from Lowe's, I got a gallon for $5. I love oops paint!
The last one (right) is Gladden Robin's Egg.

I sent that picture to my mom & Chad for their input. I had already decided on Robin's Egg, but they both wrote back to go with Hang Ten! My mom said, if you're going to do it blue, go BLUE! 

Next I lightly sanded everything. I didn't want my hard work peeling off!!! Sorry about the picture of the doors. 

I usually don't prime the things I paint (I'm too impatient for that!) but I only had a sample of the my paint (Thanks to Sweet Grass.. I would spend a ton of money on paint if it wasn't for Sweet Grass!!). I didn't want to waste any of it! 

I got a little excited and painted the first coat of blue too early. The primer hadn't quite dried, so I just painted the front then stopped. 

The next day I painted a 3rd coat (1 coat primer, 2 coats paint) on the vanity and set off to take all the knobs, pulls and the towel holder off the wall to spray paint. 

This is the spray paint I used.

I did 3 coats of the spray paint and 1 coat of the clear. I was afraid the paint of the knobs would eventually clip. The clear coat should protect it from chipping!! 

Don't you just love brass knobs?? NOT!

Here are some pictures of the vanity after it was painted but before it dried!
I painted a little picture frame, see it?

Maybe I should have cleaned under the counter! 
I love the blue & yellow together!!!!!!





O. M. G. I love it!!! Don't you?? Now I just need to clean up, touch up, and put things back where it goes! 











3 comments:

  1. I love it!! and was that a shampoo cape you were letting the cabinet doors dry on?? lol ... Christy hester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy, yes it was!! haha. I don't get a lot of us use out of it anymore!!

      Delete