Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bye Bye Bushes


The first time we pulled up to our house this is what it looked like....
Hello bushes! When we pulled up the first thing I said was those bushes have to go! There were only 2.. what happened to the third? You also couldn't see the front door. 

Once we moved in and settled down, we knew we had to fix those bushes! So we enlisted my parents and got to work!

It took 30 minutes to pull up the first one. It was huge! My dad & Chad were working so hard!

Chad pulled up this little guy all on his own. My strong man!

HELLO FRONT DOOR!

Once we had the bushes up, we relocated them to the side of the house. Where, I'd like to report, are still happily thriving 2 years later! 

My dad brought their tiller and he tilled the new flowerbed while we (my mom, Reeves and I planned our plant shopping trip!) 


(Chad at the nursery. Isn't he the cutest?)

The flowers are being planted!!!

I have to be honest, I don't remember one name of anything we planted. But I do know that the flowers we plants in front of the front door got outrageously large! We finally just pulled them up and made a faux walkway.


A few weeks later:

 These plants/flowers look so pretty here, within a couple of months these bad boys got BIG!.

My awesome little helper! I can't believe Reeves was ever that small! He was only 10 months here!

A few months later:

 The flowers are out and the walkway is in.

I'm a horrible gardener. My neighbors probably talk about me because my flowerbeds are always full of weeds! Before we planted we didn't protect ourselves from weeds. Last fall I took everything out, except the bushes, and laid down newspaper. It worked for a while but I'm going to need to figure out a more permanent solution! Suggestions???


Its still pretty cold, but I've had a long winter of planning for that front flowerbed. This is the spring & summer for my outdoors! Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment