Thursday, May 22, 2014

Photo Wall

When you come out of our laundry room, there is a big blank wall. It drives me crazy! I decided it was a perfect place for a photo wall. I love photos! They make me happy, and this blank wall is right outside of our master so I see them every time I leave our master.

I got Chad to cut some cute designs out of plywood and had some pictures printed. I painted them in different colors.



Here's what it looked like when I finished. 


They have been up for about a year. The colors are driving me CRAZY! It's too much! I want to paint them white.  I wanted to keep the photos so I did some brainstorming.

Here's what I did....

I took all the frames upstairs to the craft room and laid them on the table. I thought about putting blue painter's tape over the pictures but that would have taken forever. 


I decided to take a chance and free hand it! I used the "newest", cleanest brush I had. I used valspar white paint (I figured it was thicker than acrylic paint from walmart). I went very slow and tried my hardest not to get paint on the photo.


First coat covered it pretty well. You could still see lines in the paint so it defiantly needed two coats. 



Clearly I wasn't perfect in drawing the straight line with white paint. But luckily the paint just wiped off!! Used my fingers and wiped it off as soon as I saw it. If I waited, it would dry! 


It's still not perfect, but hanging on the wall, you can barely notice!


My hands look like this every time I paint! ha.


I love the way it turned out. You notice the photo instead of the loud color of the frame!


Before & After (maybe you saw this on instagram)


After!! Reeves was being Vanna! I think I'm going to paint the bench white too. We'll see.



What do you think? Do you like the white better? What color should I paint the bench? 



2 comments:

  1. I love the white!! And that's the cutest "vanna" I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete