Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Art Display

I put Reeves' table in the new office so he would have a space of his very own.

He was very proud of his table, he wouldn't let me take a picture without him in it. If I had wanted him to stand there and smile he would have refused! ah, 2 year olds are fun!

I still haven't figured out what I want to do above his table. I'm thinking I have found a cute quote that I'm going to paint and frame. I'll write about it at a later time....

This is the angle from the living room....



Anywho....

I did decide instead of "art" I wanted to display Reeves' art. Since he brings home things from school all the time, I wanted to be able to change them out easily. 

Here's what I came up with...


This is what I did....

I had the pictures already, they were left over from the dining room decor. It was 2 sets of different frames. 


One set of frames were just prints I could take out. I added black and white (I didn't want to do anything too exciting to take away from Reeves' art), one in polka dots and one in stripes. 

The "picture" of the second set of frames was actually connected to the white border so I had to do a little creative-ness....

I wish I had better pictures... maybe one day I'll be better at that. Oh well. I measured and cut out a piece of paper that would fit inside the boarder. I just taped it with scotch tape. I didn't want to do something too permanent in case I wanted to use the print later on.





I put the glass back on and added a small clothes pin to the center of each frame. I did 2 vertical and 2 horizontal.




I'm pretty sure they aren't even on both sides of the bulletin board but I think it's pretty close! I love it! Now I just need more drawings from Reeves!! 




Have you made anything creative lately???





No comments:

Post a Comment