Monday, May 19, 2014

Fabric Banner Tutorial

Sweet Grass Designs was recently in a craft show. I made a fabric banner for the table.

Here's how I did it...

At walmart I bought a sample pack of fabric, like THIS.

I cut the fabric into strips.... about an inch. I didn't really measure them and they aren't cut straight. I really won't matter when they are all hanging together.


I used a long piece of yard (doubled) as my string. I tied it in a loop on each end so I can hook it on a nail if needed.

Here's how you tie it on the string so they all hang nicely together...

1. Lay the fabric under the string (notice the fabric isn't straight)...


2. Turn the fabric over the string about 2 inches. 


3. Loop the fabric around the string and tie a knot.  This picture is kind of confusing but it's hard to tie a knot and take a picture! ha


4. Pull it tight. You should be left with about 2 inches (give or take) on the top of the string. It shouldn't be so tight that it won't slide on the string. You'll need to move them around.


5. Repeat 1,000,000,000 times. 


I loved the way it turned out. It added just enough to the front of Sweet Grass Designs' table at the craft show!



I made one for our mantel at Christmas. How cute is that???


I'm pretty sure I'm going to make one for Reeves' birthday party! They are so easy and fun! I love them!!!


1 comment:

  1. OOOH! I love the Christmas one! May have to try that!

    ReplyDelete