Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Backyard Bliss

Hey Ya'll!!!!!

   Ok! So.... I am going through this crazy organizing mode at my house right now....

SPRING CLEANING Fever! Sure... That's what we'll call it... LOL!

So, yesterday... I was walking on my deck and thought I need to organize my back porch as well as have somewhere I can put my garden/flowerbed tools.... Out of the corner of my eye I saw a pallet leaned up against our fence. And it dawned on me!!!!
It looks rough right now! 

A Pallet shelf thingy!!!!


It was actually pretty easy to make my pallet shelf thing! He he!

So I sanded down the rough stuff that would poke me!
Then I went to my handy dandy Silhouette Cameo... Cut out a cute phrase I borrowed from a strangers Folder name on pinterest .

I painted the area I would be placing my stencil... Blue!

Let Dry.
Placed the stencil on top...
Painted the whole thing yellow!!! My favoritttteeee Color!
I painted 3 coats, mainly because pallet wood absorbs the paint and color the first coat.


I then peeled the letters off!! eeeekkkk Super easy!


Love it!

Then just hung some hooks I had in a picture hanging set I had and Voila!!!! I seriously love it!!




In between the drying time of the paint on my cute little pallet... I had another idea.
I wanted a table underneath my back porch... I had looked on craigslist, on an estate sales website, then other retail stores and either didn't want to spend the money or couldn't find what I liked.
yuck!!!

We have a lot of spare wood from the deck tear out and rebuild. I started looking through the scraps... Ran across a lizard... Screamed! My husband came out to save the day. He then told me he would “clean up that wood” …. One day! I then explained I was going to make a TABLE! He chuckled and started to walk away.... (which he probably should have ran away) I requested his assistance.... For about the next 3 hours. Ha ha!




He did a lot of the heavy lifting... I measured, marked off, sanded, and etc.
I measured 3 (1X6's) 5ft. In length of the old wood.
My husband is still adding on to the deck so we happen to have some new wood as well... So I measured the same 5ft in length for those as well... My husband cut them.
I ended up using 2 (1X6's) 5ft in length of the old and 3 of the new.
Measured those in width.... 2.5 ft
then I measured four 2X4's.
Two 5ft for the length of the table and two 2.5 ft for the width of the table...
The husband proceeded to cut those....

Pulled them together tight... Again with the husband's assistance. I used an airgun and nailed them together bc... Our screws were either too short or too long (for a stable table you would want to screw them in, which I will be doing tomorrow)

We also had some post sitting around from the deck as well...
My hulk of a husband hoisted up the table while I sat down in a chair I would be setting underneath the table and decided how high we wanted the table, measured it off, cut 4 of those bad boys and slapped them on....

Well....Slapping them on didn't have the best hold. So the husband thought it would be a good idea to put a post in between each of the post on each end and it worked perfectly!!!



Dinner for two? Why Yes please! :)



We had a lot of fun together putting this table together! And I LOVEEEE it!!!
It goes perfectly with my porch!!

Thanks for reading ya'll! I have a couple of more additions to my sweet porch in the next couple of days!!!! 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! 
Have a Great Wed!!!!





2 comments: