Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Oh, Just Dye-ing

We usually get family pictures taken every 6 months or so. Always by the same gals at Frick*Frack*Foto. I always try to do a "theme"... Here are some of our previous shoots...

(Reeves was 6 months)

(Reeves was about 9 months)

(Reeves is around 15 months)

(Reeves is 2 1/2)


On with my post, I just couldn't help showing off my family!

I wanted to do a black & yellow theme for one of our shoots. I try not to buy us all brand new outfits every time so I use things we already have. Chad already had black pants and a yellow top. I was going to wear black pants and a black top with yellow jewelry. Reeves had a dark gray shirt and I really envisioned him in yellow shorts. Do you know they don't make yellow shorts for little boys? Well, at least none that I could find! I searched every store in town and spent countless hours on the internet. I finally gave up. I decided to dye a pair of khakis!

Here's what I did....

Step 1: 

I bought a pair of khakis from our local Once Upon A Child store. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on them incase I messed them up! I spend $3 and they are Polo! 

Step 2: 

I bought THIS at Walmart for less than $5. I also bought a little tub at the dollar tree for the dyeing process. I now use the tub to soak all of Reeves's nasty clothes!

Step 3: 

I followed the directions on the Rit bottle. 

Step 4: 

I rinsed and washed the shorts. I washed them alone so nothing else would turn yellow!! I also did a load in the washing machine without anything in there. Just to be safe!

 


Here are the pictures:

(Reeves had a mini breakdown mid photo shoot, so a banana to the rescue!!)



PS... Reeves also wore the shorts for his 2nd birthday!








1 comment: