Monday, May 18, 2015

Update on the Wicker Family

So, it's been a while. I've missed you. A lot has changed in the Wicker World. I got a job, Chad graduated from Ole Miss, Reeves is potty-trained, talking, no baba 3 year old!




Chad and I had been throwing around the idea of me going back to work for a while. Nothing was concrete, I thought we were just "talking". We were afraid that Reeves wasn't getting enough social interaction. One afternoon Chad asked for my resume. I didn't think anything about it until I got a call from the principal of SHS asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. I called Chad right away, he just laughed. Crazy man. I went for the interview and was hired as the front desk secretary. We quickly (and luckily) found a babysitter for Reeves. She is a nurse and has 5 kids of her own. She was keeping a few other kids at her house. She is a godsend! We are so lucky to have her. Reeves loves her!




Day one of working, I knew we made the right decision! I love the people I work with, which makes leaving my baby all day worth it. I think it has been the best thing for Reeves and I. He has come so far in the last year, he has truly blossomed!

2 months after working at SHS I got the opportunity to be the ADA clerk (attendance clerk). I've been doing attendance for 7 months and I love it!

Reeves is now potty-trained! If you've ever had to potty train a little boy, you'll know how exciting this truly is! We also said bye-bye to the baba! We were so excited to see it go! Reeves has come so far this year with his speech. He was a little behind, I think it was the baba! He goes to speech theory 4 days a week, its more like a preschool. He loves it and its done wonders for him!




Chad has been going to school for the last few years to get his degree in Political Science from Ole Miss. He finally graduated in May 2015!! We are so proud of him! He has plans to get his masters from Arkansas State. I can't wait to see what all he does.



We have been super busy on our little house!! We completely redid the office! We are in the works of making over our master bedroom and bathroom. We have plans to pour new concrete to extend the patio in our backyard soon! As well as tons of other exciting things!!!

Stay tuned to see what all we do!!


No comments:

Post a Comment