Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Soap Dispenser

I have this certain hand soap I like, doesn't everybody? But I don't like the ugly plastic container it comes in. So I got on pinterest and started pinning!

Here's what you need:


Plus wire pliers,  nail & hammer, minus the drill.

I tried to drill in the lid of the mason jar but it didn't work. I couldn't get the drill to do anything. Maybe it was just me. 

So I decided to use a hammer and nail. I nailed holes in a circle. I just need enough space to get the wire cutters in to make the hole bigger. 



I didn't make the hole big at first, I kept making it bigger a little at a time. I didn't want to ruin the top by making the hole too big. 


Finally, I got it! 


I used the hot glue gun to glue the dispenser in place. I added a small amount under the bottom of the dispenser on the top...of the top and added a ton to the bottom... of the bottom. ha.



And there you go! It took 5 minutes to complete the project! I even made one for the bathroom.



Its been a few days, and I have to say they are holding up great! I was worried the hot glue wouldn't hold up, but its holding up great!!!

A lot of tutorials I found on pinterest used spray paint to paint the top & the dispenser. But I kind of like the way mine turned out without the spray paint. 





No comments:

Post a Comment